Written by Anindya Mukherjee

Where is the joy of life........

Sitting with books in the table I thought
how happy are the children who play in the streets
for me passing the exams and getting a good job
was the ultimate priority, making the name of my family
becoming an officer, a respected man was the goal
When they enjoyed at the streets I was with books
Learning, understanding and practicing harder and harder
To become a big man was my aim
But I never realized the joy of winning
a local cricket match, or making myself dirty.......
They said the smell of mud was great
but for me my books and my marks were my world
I got good marks, my parents say I am a good boy
They fed me, they loved me, bought a lot of stuff
to make me an educated man, a respected man......
But when I saw them play, enjoy everyday
In my wish I thought , one day I could laugh
one day I would have girlfriends like them.......
But before I got a chance things were too late
I was married to someone who was beautiful
Someone who was was a good wife
But I could not realize If I loved her
To me happiness was and is always undefined
I want to know where lies the true life.........
In the games of street, or the books I read.....
In the large cabins of my corporate office
where I sit in the biggest chair now............
or it is in the fields where they milk cows,
make my rice, hear the birds and save all our
Stomachs getting dry............ 

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your valuable comments Sir/Madam