Written by Anindya Mukherjee

A soldier's love

I wait for him, I pray for him
Because he is facing guns and tanks
For the sake of protecting the motherland........
At time he makes me proud and the next
moment I am sad when I do realize that
may be tomorrow my love will just be a past
may be tomorrow  I shall not see him again
and he shall wait for me in the Heaven

I do feel sad for his job, he is depressed when he kills
He cries when he comes home, he feels he has killed
thousand of fathers, brothers, sons and  husbands.............
He says being an officer he had to kill with no personal grievance
He just followed orders but resulted in killing
When he came home we danced, we laughed, we dined, we sang
But then again he went for another war
I had no option but to eagerly wait for him or his news to come

He was awarded this time for his brave deeds...........
I was overjoyed to receive his award felling proud to have
Given my love for  to save my motherland..........but I was sad
again that I shall never be able to joke with him again
my mr. soldier will not tease me, not pull my hair again
he wanted me to study hard and wanted me to be a teacher
I am sure I shall fulfill his dreams.........................
And am sure he is waiting for me........
Records say he is missing he will not come anymore
But for me he is in my heart and my soul 
He is every breath of mine.....................
It is a feeling unexplained and shall always remain to be
because it feels great, it feels fear
but let me tell you dear
it is a blessing of destiny if you are a soldier's life............

Some things are expressed most are never expressed 
but for them we are secured at home and walk freely
so I salute men like him and I do feel proud
that in my motherland I am a soldier's half life............





















.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your valuable comments Sir/Madam