Written by Anindya Mukherjee

the beautiful smile

It was all that I could say
on that day, she was there
there on the station when I 
was in the return journey
to peruse my dream 
my carrier in the army 
a little upset for not 
making it to the finals 
of the dream occupation
it was all I was waiting for
not really looking at her 
till she asked me which 
was entering the platform.
It was not her train as 
she informed me and I 
was a little happy to have 
her beautiful company when
I learned her destination 
was on the same track I was to 
travel, soon decided to help her 
 To explain her beauty in words
is not possible though and i wish 
I had some painting skills 
but to define her I wish to say 
Goddess was just a little beautiful 
than her, and her innocent smiling face 
it appeared that she was simple 
and after a conversation I learned 
she was a would be doctor, going to 
home, after her first year,
I wondered if I ..........
could meet her again 
we talked about ourself , 
and also many more 
and time passed like a rocket.......
sharing heavy and lighter 
moments of life it felt as
if we have known each other 
for a long time, till her 
destination came and 
she wished me goodbye...........
i helped her get down 
with her heavy luggage 
and she vanished with the 
whistle and the smoke 
of the railway engine with 
the memories of her smile in 
my mind......but to be or not 
to be, wherever she is I tried 
but could not forget 
her beautiful smile...............




Anindya Mukherjee (Neil)