Written by Anindya Mukherjee

Who was on the call............

I was alone at home.My parents and my sister were in Bhutan my dad's working place, and I was enjoying life alone, the late night television shows pizza in dinner with complementary coke. And staying alone is a great fun because nobody was there to tell me anything. When u stay alone you are your own guide and decide your own life. Some people may feel they are lonely when they are alone but I with my PC laptop mobile I basically enjoy. I started chatting on the net. I never had someone form the internet to chat and normally I get males to chat with but that day my luck favored I got a female and that to a Bengali and it was like a jackpot. Chatting with a girl and that to on a day wen u are absolutely alone at home. After about 30 mins of chatting and a good formal friendship she asked for my phone number. I replied I have only incoming facility in my mobile she still asked me and I gave her my number. Her name was Purbita Raha. She was an engineering student and was lonely which I have never felt in my life. Well after giving my phone number I was worried and also I was excited because I was not sure if she was a girl, if she was terrorist or she was having some motive. Newspapers had news of innovation being used up for crimes and within a short I began to think that I will finally be landing up in FBI jail at a remote location.I began to think my mobile will be used up in committing a crime similar to the world trade center bombings or even more than that and I have created the biggest blunder of my life. Then the phone rang I picked it up and heard the sweetest voice of my life she said "HI! I am Purbita your chat friend. It was I was relived and as if I was released form the FBI headquarters after 15 mins of interrogation I replied back. She asked me if I was free and I replied positively because basically I had nothing to do except chatting and when my first female chat friend was calling me up I thought it is better to hear her beautiful voice . We started with hobbies and I told her I was doing my MBA my name and I did not or more frankly speaking could not hide my details and even told her I was alone at home at night.... She also told me her personal details and I presumed it to be correct. She was born and brought up in Siliguri and she was very notorious and tomboyish in her childhood, even I told her that I was always a speaker and I loved giving lectures to others. I told her of my childhood jokes and the incident of a monkey coming and biting my ears. She told be she was kicked by a horse once she was a kid and we laughed at each other. I soon forgot that we had just got the contact numbers recently and we were basically chat friends and that too one day chat friends and at least I was not feeling that in any way. She was talking to me as if we know each other for several years. I don't what made her feel I was a nice person, I was an understanding person, and she also told me I was a very aggressive person, I was a very determined and a positive boy an I was really stunned that basically what made her so impressed that she gave me so many adjectives at a time.......... I also told her she was simple, about her beautiful voice an I analyzed that as she had a nice voice she was beautiful at heart and she was also very foolish as she believed me, she said in reply that she could basically analyze people in one second. ..probably I was lucky but I also know and my friends know that I am not Mahatma Gandhi or a saint....and I don't know how she concluded that but I never deliberately harm anyone it was in my mind suddenly she told me when you become angry you loose your control, and you basically don't leave your enemies right. I did not tell her anything regarding that during our past interactions.........I was stunned about how could someone analyze the bad side in me so correctly without even looking at my face. She said she could make out people by talking to them she concluded it from some of my acts. But I was not very convinced about the fact and I guess there was something mysterious about me.. She then began to say I was not very brilliant student in my childhood days...I am not a good sports person...I was having a heavy physique..and was a bit flabby..I was asking her question about how she was so correctly predicting about me she said it just by reading my voice and that was a mystery to me a chat girl talking to me over the phone and she knew all details about me......and almost all of them were accurate. Now I was feeling a bit scared maybe she was a ghost or an angel although I never believed in all these things or maybe any of my friends bullying me.....but her voice was different and my ears are like dogs.....I remember voices because I sometimes mimic my teachers......my parents and people around me.....and my friend's voices were clear to me.I basically then told her I was feeling asleep and it was a matter of fact, next day I had my college where we literally get a nice treatment for short attendance. So i talked to her wished each other goodnight and the call ended. Soon I was asleep and went to deep sleep......... Then in the morning as the alarm rang and I jumped up from my bed. I took my phone probably wanting to call back my last night girlfriend. I checked the received calls menu. The last received call was from my mother at 8:30p.m. the last night. Then who made the mystery call?? I immediately logged in to the internet opened yahoo messenger checked my chat history because I did not delete that and I am quite sure abut it but my chat details with purbita234 was not existing. After that call I have not seen PURBITA not received her calls and never found her online anywhere?Did I chat and call her in my dreams or she was a ghost or an angel?? I am not sure the mystery will remain a mystery in my life and I will always wait to hear the sweetest voice of my life.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your valuable comments Sir/Madam