Written by Anindya Mukherjee

A hangman

They say I am the one who gives the
Ticket to hell actually...to end the life
of a convict who has crossed the limits
of the quota of his sins......
I have the job to send the criminals to hell
Murdering serious convicts by hanging them
Till their neck breaks and death comes in
less than a second..........
From the other side you feel I am
Doing a noble job, helping the society
But in my mind I do feel among the criminals
I have hanged, there may be an innocent man
There may have been somebody who is not
an actual murderer, his circumstances provoked him to kill
He would have been rewarded if he was an army-man or a policeman
He may not have been deserved to be on my list
To forget this after every killing I drink and they pay me a lot
for each execution I make....and they are sure with the knot I make
the neckbone will surely break
But inside my heart everyday I cry......I say sorry to god
For the sins I make by killing somebody I have not known
relying on the judge's decision who sits on the high chair of law
to give a verdict based on facts......................
but he himself cannot deny that the facts are always right
so this always creates a confusion in my mind
To ensure one is dead at one shot....to tie the knot i use
all my expertise and put butter to make it smooth
and cover the face with the black cloth
I kill as i have to kill not really for the society
but for my bread.....but in reality
I fear one day I will be haunted by someone
Who was wrongly convicted and for me was actually dead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Place your valuable comments Sir/Madam